Before looking at the home remedy for yeast infection, it is important to understand this infection. The fact is that most people are afraid of suffering from infections and end up complicating things further because of their fear and discomfort.
Some times they tend to overlook the symptoms as the develop hoping that a miracle will do away with the entire ailment. But this is not so? So, to begin at the very beginning – yeast infections primarily inflict women who are in the age group within which they can naturally bear a child.
According to the medical statistics anywhere between 70% to 80% of this infection is caused by Candida albicans, which is a strain of yeast. This, as well as other strains of yeast naturally crop up in a woman’s vagina, in miniscule amounts and are kept in control by Lactobacillus acidophilus, which is a bacterium that naturally arises in the vagina. However, a yeast infection only occurs when there is imbalance in the existence of these organisms.
This imbalance is caused due to varied reasons that include:
· Use and in-take of broad-spectrum antibiotics, as well as steroids and certain birth control pills that tend to destroy the required abovementioned bacteria.
· During pregnancy and prior to menstruation a woman goes through hormonal changes, which is also a contributing factor to yeast infection
· When the vagina is frequently exposed to semen the acidic balance of the vagina is affected causing the infection.
· Sometimes the very products one uses to keep the vagina clean can cause infections as the ingredients maybe extremely harsh
· Wearing tight jeans and other such clothing that does not give that area too much scope to breathe contributes to bringing about this infection.
Apart from the abovementioned causes, there are various others too. The important thing is to be aware of what causes yeast infections in order to prevent it from happening.
While most women rush out to pick up the quick-fix medications, the fact is the home remedies have a longer lasting effect, with no side effects. In fact, apart from curing, these remedies can be used daily to ensure that the infections do not occur.
Here are listed a couple of the home remedies for yeast infection:
· Regularly daubing apple cider vinegar in the areas prone to this infection. Your can add some garlic to stop the itchy feeling; and water to dilute the vinegar concentration
· Curds or yogurt is regarded as one of the best home remedies. In fact, it is advisable to soak a tampon into curds and place it in the infected region for at least an hour. Basically, the healthy required bacteria from the curds will replace the unhealthy yeast bacteria. This could be repeated twice to thrice a day.
· Drink at least two glasses of buttermilk a-day, whether infected or not. In fact making curds a part of the daily diet in take reduces the probability of yeast infection.
· Mixture of olive leaf extract with grapefruit seed extraction a glass of water is a good curative tonic for this infection.
Back to home remedies